The challenges human rights defenders face in oppressive environments. How they navigate through these challenges. Innovative tactics for defending human rights in dictatorships
1. Prepare a document for any of these types of transaction: real property, estates and concurrent ownership; contracts for purchase and sale; legal descriiptions and deed preparation; real estate financing; or real estate closings.
2. Prepare a document related to torts and workers’ compensation, such as a demand letter, workers’ compensation claim, or a complaint (lawsuit), etc.
Read these three readings and write the reflection answering the questions in the prompts
Conlan, Tim. 2006. “From Cooperative to Opportunistic Federalism: Reflections on the Half-Century Anniversary of the Commission on Intergovernmental Relations.” Public Administration Review, 66(5): 663-676.
Henig et al. 2019. “Chapter 2: Localism and Education Decision-Making” in Outside Money in School Board Elections. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Education Press.
Dinan, John and Heckelman, Jac. 2020. “Stability and Contingency in Federalism Preferences.” Public Administration Review, 80(2): 234-243.
What accounts for the change in the relative role of the national, state, and local governments?
How much is dictated by the Constitution and Supreme Court?
How much is driven by learning and adaptation?
How much by the carrot & stick of federal money?
How much by ideology and political interests?
Complete a 1- to 2-page outline that includes the following In preparation of this paper:
Clearly define the issue you selected
Examine solutions/best practices that have been offered by others and explain the advantages and disadvantages of those solutions
Discuss the legal implications of the problem and proposed solutions.
Propose your own solution to the problem, including what should be done, by whom, and how it can practically be accomplished
Use cases and legislations involved with NIL
Use legal analysis, anti-trust, labor law
Listed below are several topics I would like for each of you to discuss. Refer to the weekly materials, your textbook, and/or the GMC library when researching the topics for this Discussion Forum. Put your writing into your own words; do not copy directly from the source. DO NOT USE QUOTES! As a minimum, you must use at least one scholarly/peer-reviewed source and cite them properly in your posts.
In your post, you will need to provide the below in at least 150 words (YOU MUST CREATE YOUR OWN PARAGRAPH HEADINGS!):
Discuss fee simple and talk about why it is important to businesses.
Discuss public control of real property and how the laws have changed over the years.
Discuss torts against both property and property owners. Give examples.
Although the minimum word count is 150 words, this does NOT include the reference section at the end of your discussion. Also, points will be deducted if you meet the minimum word count but don’t clearly address the main topics as instructed. Refer to my announcement for more on this.
Don’t forget to use proper APA citations that link to your source in the reference list. You must always include an in-text citation for each reference you list. This ensures readers can distinguish your ideas and opinions from the original sources.
Task 1: Create a new discussion topic on or before the due date in the Course Syllabus -> Course Schedule by clicking the ‘**REPLY HERE**’ post below. In your reply, you will post your response to the main topic. Your response should be a minimum of 150 words. Going over the minimum word length requirement is acceptable; however, I am not looking for 500+ words!
Part 1-Logic Model
In your position as a law enforcement manager, you have been tasked with applying for a 1-year, $100,000 DOJ grant for a community-based violence prevention initiative involving at-risk youth. The purpose of the grant is to provide an opportunity for strategic transformation in a police department. The DOJ has many grant opportunities for justice and police agencies.
Review strategic transformation in Chapter 15 of your textbook. (Strategic Tranformation info below):
This strategic transformation of police organizations is seeking to create a department focused on crime prevention, community engagement, information management,managerial empowerment and accountability, and the control of crime. It requires thatpolice executives actively engage the process of designing and restructuring their organiza-tions to ensure that desired public safety outcomes occur by intention, not by chance.
The four key activities associated with this Strategic transformation process are as follows:
creation of a strategic vision
mobilization of commitment
institutionalization of the change
measurement of progress
Review all the components of the “How to Develop a Program Logic Model” from the Corporation for National &Community Service ( Link attached!). https://www.americorps.gov/
Complete the attached Logic Model worksheet and submit it with your Executive Summary. (Worksheet Attached for completion!)
Part 2- publish Executive Summary
Write a 250-500-word publish executive summary of your proposed program. The executive summary tells the story in a very succinct way of why your grant should be the one funded. Include the information gathered from your logic model. Explain how the grant will improve organizational outcomes that align with organizational needs. Grant reviewers have hundreds of applications to review, so your executive summary cannot be longer than two pages.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. (Rubric Attached!)
Choose a form of deviance (preferably a form of non-criminal deviance) and review the sociological research on that topic. The research paper should discuss one theoretical explanation of the deviance chosen.
The paper will be 3-4 pages in length, 12 inch font, New Times Roman print, APA referenced, and double-spaced.
The paper will consist of the following:
1. Introduction – Define the topic. How and why is the behavior you chose deviant? Is this behavior only deviant in certain societies or in all societies? Is this a behavior that was previously deviant but is no longer deviant? Is this a behavior that was historically not deviant but is considered deviant today?
2. Statistics – What is the prevalence of this behavior? In other words, how widespread is it, among what groups? Discuss differences by culture, race, class or gender if appropriate.
3. Perspective – Choose a theory of deviance and apply it to your topic. Explain the theory in detail and show how it helps to explain the causes of this behavior. You may also want to discuss why it is considered deviant.
4. Sources – You must have a minimum of two academic sources for this paper. Use either academic books or journal articles. Do not use magazine articles, TV news stories, textbooks, websites, etc., unless they are in addition to your two required sources. Papers must be fully referenced using APA style.
follow this ones please
What are some of the primary assumptions of one of the theory discussed this week?
What policies (in the past and present-day) has this theory influenced?
What has been the impact of these policies?
What are some cultural practices (not policies, but social assumptions, cultural ideas, cultural products such as films, music) that have been adopted/developed due to this theory’s influence?
Criminal profiling—specifically for arson and serial homicide offenders—has been a technique used by the FBI since the late 1970s. To produce a criminal profile for an unknown suspect, profilers use various types of collected data to make assumptions and conclusions about the case at hand. In a 750-1,000-word essay, identify a real-life example of a criminal that was apprehended using an FBI criminal profile that was matched to him or her and address the following:
What types of data would be most useful in creating a criminal profile?
What are some of the disadvantages to using such profiles?
***The case needed in this will be attached/uploaded***
1. Identify and explain the forms of intellectual intangible property protection, 2. how long they last and 3. what remedies one can seek for an infringement of one’s intellectual property.
1. provide one case example of a business lawsuit dispute involving intellectual property within the last five years. (provided)
2. Summarize the facts, the law in dispute and the outcome decided by the court.
3. Did you agree with the decision, why or why not?